Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Water of Life - Wisdom's Waves

Modern sculpture entitled "The Water of Life"
by Stephen Broadbent in the cloisters of Chester Cathedral


Last evening! I reread the introductory words of poet and luminous monk, Thich Nhat Hanh, in his book The Heart of the Buddha. I'm in awe of Thich, Vietnamese zen monk, prolific writer, and peace activist, who was nominated for the Noble Peace Prize by Martin Luther King Jr.  The poet in him draws in the poet in me.

Thich's The Heart of the Buddha is the text for the class I'm taking at Clouds in Water Zen Center in St. Paul, Minnesota on the Noble Eightfold Path. It's my third class at the center. I am interested in mindfulness.

I also found a book on one of my book shelves last night that I thought I'd misplaced. But no, there it was: The Five Stages of the Soul by Harry R. Moody, PH.D., and David Carroll. Inside the book I found a copy of a flier from Chester Cathedral in England given to me by a former boss and friend. I love the prayer on the pamphlet.

A Prayer

Lord,
forgive what we have been,
amend what we are
and make us what we should be;
for your Name's sake.  Amen.


I am so happy to have found Moody's book! It's full of wondrous spiritual stories that leave you captivated. Captivated by synchronicity and prayer. 


I am thankful for the beauty of Thich Nhat Hanh's leadership and wisdom in the world.
May the world move toward peace.

God's Blessing to You!


Stained glass windows at Chester Cathedral



1 comment:

  1. Chester Cathedral looks so beautiful. I Googled it and would like to go there.

    ReplyDelete