Sunday, April 19, 2015

Song of the Sage


"Grace Elvina, Marchioness Curzon of Kedleston" 
by John Singer Sargent - Wikimedia Commons


O Keeper of Wisdom! O Giver of Gifts!
You gave so softly with Thy lips,
You gave so softly I never knew--that
Ever softly wisdom grew;
For my calendar turned a page,
On the softest day I ever knew!
The calendar of my days
Turned into You--
So softly as sage my age turned
Wisdom's truth--;
So now they come both broken
And whole, telling
Scattered secrets of their soul;
And I full of wonder open wide;
Listening, all my wisdom seemingly tied
To Yours alone, with my experience sown,
So softly into my words no one heard!
So softly spoken, in mystical ways,
You blessed me with wisdom
And I turned--Sage!

©1995 Connie Nelson Ahlberg - All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment